We are delighted to unveil Densho’s latest digital asset: a wonderful new website that we are certain you’ll find to be simpler and easier to navigate than our last site. Here are few things about the new site that we’re especially excited about:
- The Core Story: Six short essays and videos covering the basics of Japanese American history, with a focus on World War II incarceration
- A new Learning Center, featuring resources for teachers and students
- The Oral History Spotlight is now featured on our homepage—check back at the beginning of each month for a new interview clip
- The Densho Blog is now integrated into our main website, with recent posts featured on the homepage
- The Digital Repository and Archives are accessible from a single page, with clearer distinctions made between the two resources
- The Timeline, Terminology, and Resource pages have all been updated with new information
- We’ve updated the look of our monthly eNews—sign up to hear about our latest news and opportunities
Take a moment to explore the site and let us know what you think!
We also produced a brand new short video for your viewing and sharing pleasure. We think it will help spread awareness about the ongoing relevance of Japanese American WWII incarceration and let people know that they can learn more about it on our website. (The one and only GEORGE TAKEI narrated the video and it was produced and directed by Tani Ikeda, the daughter of Densho’s Executive Director, Tom Ikeda.) Take a look and then share away!